For ease of reading, the following text uses only the masculine form for personal nouns. Nevertheless, the information refers to members of all genders.
You have the following rights:
A confirmation of whether and to what extent your personal data is used and processed, and to request access to the personal data stored about you and additional information
- Request a copy of the personal data that you have voluntarily provided to us in a structured, generic, machine-readable format
- Request a correction of the personal data that we have stored about you
- Request the delete of your personal data
- Oppose the processing of your personal data by us
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data by us
- File a claim with a supervisory authority
Please note, however, that these rights are not unconditional, but are subject to our own legitimate interests as well as government regulations. If you wish to make use of any of the rights listed here or require further information, please contact our data protection officer at: email@example.com.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods vary depending on the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account both case-specific circumstances and the need to delete outdated, unused information as soon as possible. We retain records of customer personal information, account setup documents, communications and other data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may correct, complete or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and in our sole discretion.
Basis for data collection
The processing of your personal data (i.e. any data that reasonably can identify you; "personal data") is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and to enable us to provide you with our services, protect our legitimate interest and comply with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What data is collected?
We collect two types of data and information from users.
The first category includes non-identifying and non-identifiable user information provided or collected through use of the website ("Non-Personal Information"). We do not know the identity of the user from whom non-personal information was collected. Non-Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected includes aggregated usage data and technical information provided by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g., browser and operating system used on the device, language preference, access time, etc.). We use this information to improve the functionality of our website. We may also collect information about your activity on the website (e.g. pages viewed, surfing habits, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second category includes personal data, which is data that can identify an individual or can be identified by reasonable measures. Such data includes:
- device data: We collect personal information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., MAC address and UUID), and other information that results from your activity on the Site.
- Registration Data: When you register on our website, you will be asked to provide certain information, such as First and last name, email address or postal address or other information.
- Contact Information: Name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.
- billing information: Name, address, e-mail address, tax number if applicable.
- Order and customer data: Ordered products and log files (IP address, browser type and version, operating system used, the URL of the website you came from, the name of your computer and the time).
How do we receive data about you?
We obtain your personal data from various sources:
- You provide us with such data voluntarily, for example when registering on our website.
- We receive such data when you use our website or access it in connection with one of our services.
- We receive such data from other providers, services and from public registers (for example from data traffic analysis providers).
We use data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you (send you notices regarding our services, provide you with technical information, and process customer service requests as appropriate)
- For information about new updates and services
- For the placement of advertisements in the context of the use of our website (further information under "Advertising")
- For the marketing of our websites and products (further information under "Marketing")
- For statistical and analysis purposes, which serve to improve the website
Purpose and legal basis of the storage
We store contact data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, in order to be able to contact you for the purpose of contract initiation and implementation, as we assume that this data was given to us for the purpose of establishing contact.
We collect and store order and customer data in accordance with Art 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, as this data is necessary for the purchase process.
Billing data is part of the customer data that we store in accordance with Art 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation for the purpose of proper billing of the contractual relationship.
How is the data used? To whom is the data forwarded?
In addition to the various uses listed above, we may also pass on personal data to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our website
- Provide our services, including the personalized display of our website
- Store and process such data on our behalf
- Placing ads and the possibility to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, retargeting of users
- Provision of marketing offers and promotional materials in connection with our website and services
- Performing studies, technical diagnoses or analyses
We may also disclose information if we believe in good faith that this is helpful or appropriate to provide: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement) and investigate any potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other misconduct, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) pursue or enforce our own legal claims; or defend us against the claims of others; (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, your safety or the safety of others; or (vi) cooperate with law enforcement authorities and/or protect intellectual property or other legal claims.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- "Session cookies", which ensure normal system use. Session cookies are only stored for a limited time during a session and are deleted from your device when you close your browser.
- "Permanent cookies" which are only read by the website and are not deleted when you close the browser window, but are stored on your computer for a certain period of time. This type of cookie enables us to identify you on your next visit and, for example, to save your settings.
- "Third party cookies", which are set by other online services that have their own content on the page you visit. These could be, for example, external web analytics companies that record and analyse access to our website.
Cookies do not contain any personal data that identifies you, but the personal data we store may be linked by us to the data contained in the cookies. You can remove cookies via the device settings of your device. To do so, follow the corresponding instructions. Please note that disabling cookies may limit certain functions when using our website.
The tool we use is based on the technology of Snowplow Analytics. The information we collect about your use of our website includes, for example, how often users visit the website or which areas of the website are visited. The tool we use does not collect any personal information and is used by our web hosting and service providers solely to improve their own offerings.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
To ensure that our content is displayed correctly and graphically appealing in every browser, we use script and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) for this website. Google Web Fonts are cached in your browser so they only need to be loaded once. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or denies access, content will be displayed in a default font.
Collection of data by third parties
How do we protect your data?
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area
Please note that some recipients may not be located in the European Economic Area. If this is the case, we will only transfer your data to countries approved by the European Commission with an adequate level of data protection or by legal agreement to ensure an adequate level of data protection.
When you access our Web site, we may serve ads using third-party ad serving technology. This technology uses your usage data from the services to serve ads (for example, by placing third-party cookies in your web browser).
You can opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For information about the practices of NAI and DAA members, your options regarding the use of such information by these companies, and how to opt out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or forward it to an external sub-contractor to provide you with promotional materials regarding our services that may be of interest to you.
We respect your right to privacy. Therefore, these marketing materials will always give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from further mailings. If you unsubscribe, your email address or telephone number will be removed from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even after you unsubscribe from receiving our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails with important information that do not include an unsubscribe option. This includes maintenance or administrative notices.
Protecting the privacy of children is particularly important in the online environment. The website is not designed for and is not directed at children. The use of our services by minors is only permitted with the prior consent or authorisation of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch
If you have general questions about the website, the information we collect about you or the use of this information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated on 01.03.2020
Copyright © 2020 emoa.africa